Stan Key is one of the most effective Bible teachers I have ever heard. I recently was privileged to hear him give several messages on spiritual leadership and servanthood. He presented five characteristics of a call of God which I understood as follows. I hope you will go to his website and avail yourself of his rich presentation of God's truth.
By Stan Key, www.francisasburysociety.com
Five Characteristics of A Call of God
1. It's initiated by God. “You did not choose me, but I choose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit…” John 15.16.
2. We are called to a relationship as much as to a task. “He appointed twelve, so that they might be with him…” Mark 3.14
3. We are called to a team. God calls us to work in a community, even if at times it seems we are standing alone. But when we are serving Him, obeying the great commission, God is with us.
4. God’s call is to announce liberty and salvation. It’s not about me, it’s about those who need to know there is salvation in God. If we get hurt in the process, so did Jesus.
5. It will cost you everything. No one can become all God wants him to be unless he denies himself, takes up his cross, and follows Jesus (Luke 9.23)
Garnered from great teaching through Stan Key of francisasburysociety.com
1. The greatest leader will be the most humble person.
2. You find yourself by losing yourself to the purposes of God. Let your life be defined by who God calls you to be in following Jesus and believing Jesus.
3. Many people have missed God’s call on their lives because they were afraid of speaking. Don’t be afraid to speak as he directs you, especially God’s Words.
4. There is a huge difference between being driven by who we want to be, or who others think we should be, and who God calls us to be. Follow and obey God’s call, not your own ideas or others ideas, be they ever so good.